Sunday, October 4, 2009

Implanon on me

I got this contraceptive method since it is the easiest yet the most effective method of contraception. It is a small plastic implant injected by a nurse or a doctor underneath the skin which releases the hormone progesterone every month and said to last up to 3 years, a highly reliable contraception! I was reading through some of the websites about implanon side effects and I think I got most of it. After a year with this implanon, I got a prolonged period which lasted about 2 months, it only stopped when I was given pills to increase the progesterone hormone. I have also encountered breast tenderness, depressed mood, mood swings, sometimes dizziness, spots all over my arms and legs and most of all weight gain problem. It seems that I have most of the side effects and sometimes I am thinking of having it taken out. I have actually read a lot of forum in the Internet and some says having it out is very painful, so I am still thinking about it, whether I will or will not have it taken out.

3 comments:

  1. ouch! I had the same sis, and almost we have the same effects but seems yours is worse..hehe, but I took it out! it was not that painful as other said..hehe, even easier than putting or injecting it on. go..go..go! heheh!

    good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didnt use it sis, cos i dont have husband. hohoho ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. wag ka ng mag contraceptive sis hehehe..

    Syanga pala sis, can I ask a favor please???

    I am trying to generate some support for our daughter. I entered her into a Smile Contest, so if you could please vote for her (just once), the contest runs until October 31st and your vote would be so much appreciated. To cast your vote, please go to this link. Please look for Jillian Rylie Cottrill. Thank you very much for your help!

    ReplyDelete