• Never go with anyone (even someone they know well) without telling the grown-up who is looking after them.
• If somebody they don’t know tries to take them away, it is ok to scream and kick.
• Tell your children always to tell you, if they have been approached by someone they don’t know.
• Make sure your child knows what to do if she or he got lost.
• In a crowded place, it’s safest to stand still and wait to be found.
• Tell a police officer
• Go to a shop and tell someone behind the counter
• Tell someone who has children with them.
Also, teach your child his or her home address and phone number or the phone numbers of some other responsible person.