Friday, March 19, 2010

To encourage a baby to eat

I did these healthy eating tricks when my baby is around 12 months to 18 months old and it usually works.
• Serve the food on different coloured plates.
• By disguising food, by blending or grating the food that she wouldn't eat and mix it with her favourite food.
• Let her watch her favourite TV show or movie while eating.
• And encourage her to eat by eating together.

Now that my daughter is 2 years old, this doesn’t work anymore. She usually eats breakfast and does not have any interest in eating lunch and dinner. After 2 months of trying to feed her 3 times a day, and her constant refusal to eat, I have finally decided not to force her to eat. Anyway, she drinks milk 3 or 4 times a day and what I do now is that I usually gave her a sliced banana or carrots and kiddie cereal for her snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment