I have a toddler and instead of giving her biscuits or crisps for snacks, I give her a healthier food option. Not only that these foods are good for your child’s mind and body development but these are very practical and economical in a way that these foods are the usual food parent’s like you and me gets from the supermarket.
• Raw vegetables sticks such as carrots and cucumbers.
• Plain yoghurt with a banana sliced onto it.
• A sliced of toast with yeast extract, hummus or a slice of ham.
• Some crackers, bread sticks, or rice cakes with cheese.
• A bowl of cereal with milk, sometimes my little girl would only prefer to eat cereal like sugarpuffs, Chocó or fruit hoops without milk in it for her snacks.
• Or a piece of fruit.