Sunday, April 3, 2011

Newborn to 3 months sleeping pattern

Like adults, a new born baby’s sleep pattern varies as some babies need more or less sleep than others. I remember, I did ask the health visitor about this during her first week visit and she told me that a new born baby spends roughly the same amount of time asleep as awake, but may spend as many as 16 to 18 hours out of 24 asleep, or as little as 8. Inevitable, sleep will be disturbed by the need for night feeds.

I may also add that changing nappies or diapers could also disturb your baby’s sleep, as well as problems of being too hot or too cold, so it is also important to keep your baby’s room in the right temperature, I think it is about 16 to 20c and you will know this because it is warm enough for you to be comfortable wearing light clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment