It was said that bedwetting up to the age of 5 is considered normal and treatment is not usually given. However I have found some helpful things you can do if your 3, 4 or 5 year old wets the bed.
• Try not to get angry or irritated with your child as they too are upset about the whole thing.
• Protect the mattress with a good plastic protective cover.
• Check whether your child is afraid to get up at night, if he or she is, then a night light or potty in the bedroom would help.
• Do not cut back on fluids as bladder tends to adjust and holds less. It is better for your child to drink around 6 or 7 cups of fluids so that his or her bladder would learn to hold a larger capacity. However try to avoid fizzy drinks, citrus juices and drinks with caffeine such as tea, cola and chocolates before going to bed as these was found out that it can stimulate the kidneys to produce more fluids.
• If your child is constipated this also irritate the bladder at night.
Remember most children simply grow out of wetting, so don’t worry too much about it or don’t make a big deal out of it.