Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Understanding children's potty training at night time

I have just potty trained my little girl at daytime but during the night I make sure that she wears a nappy or diaper as I have read on an article that it usually takes a child a little longer to stay dry during the night than staying dry during the day, and the reason for this is that the child cannot respond yet to the sensation of having a full bladder whiles asleep either by waking up and then going to the toilet, or holding until morning. It was said that most children do learn how to do this between the ages of 3 to 5, but it is estimated that a quarter of 3 year old wet the bed at night time and 1 in 6 five year olds wet the bed at night time. They will eventually grow out of it, so for the meantime I put my little girl on a nappy so she will have a good night sleep and so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment