Wednesday, May 11, 2011

When to start potty training

I am writing this as I have recently potty trained my little girl. Most parents seems to think about starting potty training around 18-42 months, but based on my experience it is easier to potty train a child at the later stage, probably around 2 ½ to 4 years old. There are a couple of things you try to work out when your child is ready as most children go through three stages in developing bladder control, and these are that:

• They are aware of having a wet or dirty nappy.

• They get to know when they are peeing and may tell you when they are doing it.

• They know when they need to pee in advance.

These 3 stages are very important as this would help a lot in making the potty a big success! I will soon be writing more on potty training and some helpful tips for you to try, so you may check on my blog for some more post later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment