Monday, August 22, 2011

Children waking up during the night

They say that half of all children under 5 go through periods of waking up at night. Some would go back to sleep on their own and others will cry. My little one cries every time she wakes up at night and that keeps happening most of the night until she is 2 years of age. Well, that is when I figure out what was the reason why she keeps waking up. There are two reasons why she keeps waking up at night and one of those is that she is hungry. What I did is make sure she has eaten something before she goes to sleep, a cereal or sometimes if she refuse to eat, I would give her a warm milk to keep her full until the morning. During the winter, she does it again, but not because she is hungry, but because she is cold so I make sure she wears long sleeve pyjamas with sock on and that solves the problem! Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment