Friday, August 12, 2011

Signs of postnatal depression

Most of new mothers feel low occasionally and lack of sleep, stress, and maybe the strain of balancing paid work and parenting, and money problems, all contribute to making early stages of parenthood difficult. I had the same feeling when I had my baby and had to see a doctor because I was not sure of what I am feeling at that moment, but luckily I just had the baby blues which sort of the same feeling as a depression but would just disappear in a couple of months. The doctor told me that, a person who suffers from depression will feel all, or some, of these things:

• Tired, but can’t sleep
• No appetite or are overeating
• No interest in yourself
• No interest in your baby
• The smallest chores are almost impossible to manage
• Never stop crying

So, if you think you are suffering from depression or you noticed that there is something wrong with how you feel, it is important to see a doctor and talk about it. Believe me, it does help to talk to someone who knows and could understand what you are going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment