Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Safety Razors Shaving Tips


My husband (Chloe’s dad) shaves almost every day and he had a somewhat routine when doing it, he usually shave his face after a shower, in the sink, with all those creams and hydration techniques to avoid razor burns. Well, in 5 years being with him, I think I only saw him with razor burns once and that has something to do with the new crappy razors I got for him. Anyway, I think he has a good shaving routine, so I ask him if I could share his shaving tips here on my blog and he said yes, so here it is!


1. Hydrate your skin by having a shower and using a shower gel to take away all the oil, dirt and dead skin cells on your face.

2. If you are in a rash and do not have time to shower, you can hydrate your skin by washing it with warm water and a body wash for at least 2 to 3 minutes.

3. Then apply a shaving cream or a gel in a circular motion on your face where you want to shave.

4. Using a safety razor, only shave in direction of the hair growth and on a slow light stroke. It is important that you do not put too much pressure on your skin as this would create irritation on your skin.

5. Apply a shaving cream again if you wish to shave your face the second time.

6. At the end of every shave, always rinse your razor and take out excess water and store in a cool and dry place.

7. Rinse your face with cool and dry water and gently pat dry your face with a face towel.

8. Lastly use an after shave to cool and moisturize your skin.

These steps might look a bit long, but honestly it only take about 3 to 5 minutes to get it all done and you will soon get the hang of it!


Disclaimer: I am participating in a blogger campaign called The Art of Shaving from Bucks2Blog and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment