Here is how to make super-sweet coating toffee apples, this would make a perfect treat for children for this festive season!
Good for 6 persons
• Wash 6 eating apples and dry with kitchen paper.
• Insert a lolly stick through each core. Grease a baking paper with butter and put on a baking tray. Put a bowl of cold water in the fridge.
• Put 450g white (cane) sugar in a pan with 50g unsalted butter. 2tsp cider vinegar and 1tbsp golden syrup. Add 150ml cold water and heat, stirring gently, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
• Bring to boil, then boil for 10 minutes until it turns into toffee. To test if its ready, drop a small piece into the bowl of cold water. If it goes hard immediately, then it is ready.
• Remove from the heat and dip the apples in (one at a time), swirling them around gently until coated. Put on a grease paper and leave to set.