Keeping a bedtime routine is important as this was said to avoid future sleep problems in children. I have here an example of a routine I use for my little girl, she had this routine since she was tiny and it does work alright for her, except on some occasions where in she is excited, like when away for a holiday or when there is a celebration.
An example of a routine could be:
• Bath time and putting in night clothes
• A milky drink and supper are also important
• Brushing teeth • A bedtime story
• Making sure that my little girl’s cuddly toy is nearby. If your child has a special blanket, make sure that would be besides him/her too.
• A good night kiss and cuddle
• Leaving a dim light on if necessary.