Saturday, June 9, 2012

Asthma and what to do during asthma attack

Asthma as health professionals say is genetic, but it does not mean that once your family has this on the genes you and your children’s will have this too! In fact from my side of the family, most have asthma, but for some reason I do not have it and so is my little girl. My sister was unlucky to have got it and so is her youngest daughter who constantly sees a doctor. Now I am not a health professional, but having seen this many times on my side of the family I have here some good advice as of what to do if asthma attacks.

The symptom of asthma includes coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and tightness in the chest. So these are the warnings sign that you must look for if you have a feeling that you or someone you know has an asthma attack and must not be taken for granted!

What to do during asthma attack?
Take 1 or 2 puffs of your reliever inhaler, then sit down and try to take it slow, steady breaths. Now if you do not start to feel better, take 2 puffs every two minutes. If after 10 minutes your condition has not improved, call a doctor, but continue to take 2 puffs every two minutes. Your doctor should be able to advise you of your next steps, but surely you will be advised to go to an emergency hospital if your condition has not improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment